The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 (The Act) is intended to protect both the Building Owner and Adjoining Owner in ensuring that the statutory rights of all parties are properly represented.
Harrow Consulting have extensive experience in all aspects of Party Wall legislation, working as appointed surveyor for both Building Owner and Adjoining Owner, in accordance with The Party Wall Act.
Our professional service mitigates risk to all parties, and ensures that projects are able to progress without delay.
Our Party Wall services are carried out only be highly experience Chartered Building Surveyors, and will generally encompass the following:
- Initial consultation
- Formalise appointments
- Service of, and response to, Party Wall Notices
- Agreement of Party Wall Awards
- Agreement of Schedules of Condition
- Monitor works to ensure compliance with Party Wall Award
- Formal Sign-off from appointed surveyors
The following link provides a useful explanatory booklet on The Party Wall Act, and the duties of all stakeholders;