Harrow Consulting have recently completed a £750k refurbishment of a 46 bed care home, on behalf of Four Seasons Healthcare.
Hunter Hall and Swan Lodge are purpose built properties, offering single occupancy rooms with ensuite facilities, communal lounge and dining areas, and assisted bathing rooms.
Hunter Hall and Swan Lodge had previously suffered extensive flooding, resulting in significant damage to the ground floor areas of both properties, to the extent that both were uninhabitable.
Harrow Consulting were appointed as Lead Consultant, by Four Seasons Healthcare, to undertake a full refurbishment and reinstatement scheme to the ground floor areas, ensuring that the first floor accommodation remained operational for staff and residents. The Lead Consultant duties included:
We were selected as the preferred consultant through their proven refurbishment experience within the health sector.
Works included the following:
- Renewal of all plastered wall surfaces to full height
- Replacement of all floor coverings
- Reinstatement of plumbing installations
- Reinstatement of electrical installations
- Renewal of all internal joinery, including skirtings, door sets and architraves
- Replacement of kitchen installations
- Renewal of assisted bathrooms
- Full internal redecoration
- Reinstatement of fixtures and fittings
Works were carried out under a JCT Intermediate Contract, and were completed within a 12 week construction period.
Harrow used their extensive knowledge of health care projects to phase the works with minimal disruption, ensuring that specifications of products and finishes were in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements.